A first birthday party and a baptism, that is!
Josie Kate turns ONE on Thursday (September 1st), and we celebrated with her very first birthday party on Saturday. The theme was Classic Pooh, as in not the solid, bold colors of normal Pooh bear we’re used to seeing…Classic Pooh is somewhat the funnier shaped Pooh bear with the soft colors. I only chose Classic Pooh because of Josie’s loooove of the Pooh bear she sleeps with, which is Classic Pooh. This bear was Abby’s, back in the day but Abby paid him no attention. Pooh was put in Josie’s bed because I didn’t like the gape that was there because the bumper pads didn’t come together perfectly. Josie took to him, and this is how we find her sleeping most times….completely curled up to him!
She doesn’t just love him in her sleep, though. She loves to crawl with him.
And carry him on her shoulders.
Josie was totally excited about her fun weekend coming up, and she broke out her dance moves.
(channeling Matt Ege’s signature move – the knock knock!)
There is next to NO Classic Pooh bear birthday decorations out there. And if there are, then you have to pay like $15 for 10 cups, and I just wasn’t going to do that. So I did cave and buy only regular Pooh napkins. haha. The really anal side of me did not want to do that because it made it not match as good. I know, it’s so not a big deal…that’s just me :)
The actual invite
Here’s what we had going on around the house in way of decorations…
The most fabulous cake. I adore my cake lady. She’s amazing. And that’s not fondant. See? She’s that amazing! :)
And best of all….the birthday girl herself!!!
I lit the candle on her cake, and then we sang her happy birthday. She was completely mesmerized by the candle, and she stared at it the whole time!
She really liked her cupcake!
A little in the hair for good measure!
Mommy, yay!!! That cake was good!!!
She wasn’t really into opening her presents. Abby was alllll over that, and took care of everything for her :)
Serious conversation with Gracie.
This is mostly what opening presents looked like…
I love the side shots of all 3 girls here. Josie seems to be looking the wrong way, haha.
The older kids got to play outside, but sadly I didn’t get one picture of this. We just had a few wading pools, our swingset with a water hose going down a slide, and some water guns and a watering can. It was mostly girls out there, and they loved it.
Tickles from Daddy before bed…
The girls both took good naps that day! Got up, and got a few more pictures :)
And then we headed to good ‘ol Cracker Barrel for dinner!
It was such a lovely day! Thanks so much to our family and friends for loving our sweet Josie girl!
Baptism pictures up next!




2 comments:
That girl is TOO cute! Great pics of the party -- your house looked beautiful!
Love the theme and decorations! You are so good. Charlie won't be nearly that lucky:) You have such a gorgeous family.
Post a Comment