Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baptism Day

I was all nervous, which is silly really, that Josie would be crying like crazy when I handed her over to get baptized.  She’s almost 1…she’s at that age that the separation starts, y’know?  Even if I’m standing right there.  Once I leave, she’s all fine and good. 

We didn’t intend to wait sooo long for her to get baptized.  We baptized Abby at 3 months.  That was in December for Josie, and that month is so crazy busy.  Then January rolled around, and she was sick with RSV and recovering from all that junk for like a month.  Then we just dropped the ball really.

But now as we were talking through it all, it’s actually quite cool it happened the way it did because both girls got baptized the last weekend in August.  So we could have a baptism celebration weekend for both of them at the same time.  How neat :)

I’m a procrastinator.  I waited until Friday to go look for a dress for Josie to wear.  I had 2 giftcards left from our wedding (7 years ago!) for Dillard’s.  I was going there, and I was going to find a dress there.  Period.  haha, and it worked out perfectly!  I found the dress, the shoes, and the bow within 10 minutes of stepping into the store.  Hooray!

And she looked like an angel :)

IMG_8557

IMG_8483

IMG_8488

IMG_8497

IMG_8498

Rev. Jim Welch baptized Josie.  He came back in after the service to get a few pictures with us.  Josie didn’t really want to take any more pictures—she was soooo squirmy!

IMG_8549

IMG_8546

Here’s how the baptism went…I have to record this because it’s just funny!

We go up to the front, I’m holding Josie—Josh is holding Abby.  Josie starts waving at the people in the choir.  So cute!  There are windows that go all around our church.  (We have a game we play with Abby in the car…we look for yellow cars.  When we see one, we just shout “yellow car!”)  So as Rev. Welch is talking to us, Abby is looking through the windows, and sees a yellow car go by.  So of course, in the middle of him talking she points and shouts “yellow car!”  I’m not sure many others could hear her greatly, but it cracked me up!!!!  Lots of our friends were in this service, and people that Abby knows and loves.  Once we turned around to the congregation, in the video (that’s posted on my fb, by the way) you see Abby tapping Josh and I saying “look there’s Kathy!!!” or “look there’s Mr. Paul and Mrs. Whitney!!”  Hilarious!  It was such a fun time, and Josie girl didn’t shed a tear!  Woohoo!

IMG_8539

Here’s the hand off…

Uh, do I know you? IMG_8521

IMG_8522

IMG_8526

IMG_8527

Then they had Children’s Church and Abby got to go sit up front and listen to Mrs. Ellen.

IMG_8533

IMG_8535

After church with her friend, Gracie.

(she crosses her legs like this a lot now, ohmigoodness, I know!)

IMG_8538

IMG_8542

Our family there…sadly, we didn’t have the Nana’s peeking out good enough!

IMG_8554

God has blessed us with 2 amazing little girls!  Oh how I love them :)

IMG_8507

1 comments:

The Pences said...

That ensem is perfect -- LOVE a pretty smocked dress on a baby girl!