Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What are the odds?

Y’know that “switch” that can just go off in babies all the sudden?  You think everything is running all fine and smoothe, and then all the sudden—they awaken!  Yea, that’s where we are right now. 

I don’t know how it happens that I ended up with both my girls going through the same kinda tummy stuff in their first few months of life.  Josie all the sudden has started crying at every single feeding.  A time that you would think would be relaxed and put them into that fun “milk coma.”  Not so with my Josie girl.  Every time I sit her up to burp, she starts crying.  After the feeding, she is absolutely not settled.  She’s still crying.  I mean, what?  C’mon!  We took her to the Dr. the other day, and as of the moment he has put us on Nutramigen.  If anyone remembers my first few months of life with Abby, this is the SAME exact formula she got put on.  I’m not sold that it’s working yet.  She started it last night, and she’s been on it all day today, but she’s still been crying at feedings, and it takes me almost to her next feeding to get her chilled out, but then we’re back to where we started because it’s been 3 hours, and it’s time to eat again.  This is why I want Josie to talk already.  Is it her belly that’s hurting or could it be reflux?  Sometimes I think she’s still hungry, but any time I try to feed her more, she won’t take it.  But why do they put their hands to their mouths so much if they really don’t want to eat more?  I know each stage of a child’s life can have its tough moments, but the newborn stage is so complicated to me because I have no idea what’s going on!  I mean, even when I explained some stuff to the Dr. he can’t obviously tell me for certain what’s going on either.  He’s guessing the best he can.  She’s growing fine, and everything else about her checks out great…sadly, she’s just unhappy.

What makes me laugh is when people say, “Oh moms just know their babies cry and what each cry means.”  Not this mom!  I can’t ever figure my babies out!  haha.  I just need them to speak!

All that aside, she’s still super cute :)  When you talk to her, she really listens.  She turns her head toward you and has her eyes so big making her sweet “O” face.  I love the O face!  She makes the “ga” noise from time to time, too.  It’s always at the perfect time—I’ll be talking to her and it’s her response back to me.  Love it!  I absolutely can NOT wait for a smile!  Can you believe tomorrow she’ll be FOUR weeks???!  OH MY!  Seems unreal.

When I put her on her tummy, she can move!  She actually enjoys tummy time.  I put her on her play mat, and she puts those little legs underneath her and pushes herself around.  It’s crazy.  See…

IMG_5291

IMG_5292

IMG_5293

She started in the middle and ended up off the side.  Way to go little mover and groover!!!

IMG_5294 We went for a walk last night in the NEW double stroller!  So fun having both girls in the stroller…Abby loved it!!

IMG_5301   

IMG_5302

And both Abby’s babies loved the ride, too!

IMG_5303

Random cuteness:

IMG_5276

IMG_5286

IMG_5287

And what I found on Red Baby…Josie’s headband!IMG_5272

Abby’s first day of school, which was September 13.

IMG_5260

IMG_5265

IMG_5268

IMG_5271 Ok, this blog was pretty all over the place.  I still want to post pics of Josie’s room.  Nobody has really seen it completed…and, well, it still has some stuff I want to do in it, but it is mostly finished.  Next post :)  

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, Amy...I'm so sorry you're going through that with Josie. If it's any consolation, both of my boys were UNHAPPY babies until about 4 months. Judson used the Nutramigin as well. My boys always wanted to be walked around all.the.time! I'm right there with you though with not knowing what they're cries mean. It would be a lot nicer if they could tell you for sure! I hope it gets better, and you figure it out.

The Pences said...

I want to see the room; I want to see the room!
So so sad about Josie's tummy troubles -- that is THE WORST! I have no advice for you, but I didn't know my girls' cries either. Some people just get it I guess -- do what you can and try different things. And sometimes babies just cry. Ah, Joanna...
I think that last picture of Abby is hilarious -- hitchiking home from preschool? Ha!

The Vranas said...

So sweet and cute Amy! I love the pics. Keep posting them as you get a chance. I can't believe Josie is moving that much already. That's crazy!