Honestly, it still feels a little weird to say “my girls” or “my children”. I have TWO kids! Wow! haha. My sweet Abby girl is the most helpful child in the world to me. She’s doing so amazingly well. She LOVES her sister. Sure, we’ve had a few times that I have to say “you’re a little too close” or “let’s not touch her right in the eye”. But as of now…jealousy or any kind of meanness—absolutely not! She is Miss Protector of Josie. She’s sad if Josie isn’t going somewhere with her, asks for Josie to sleep in bed with her, gives her hugs and kisses, and if Josie is sleeping she’s super great at just blowing her a kiss!
Josie is doing great, too! Things that I’ve found that I don’t love with having 2 children is
1. Taking Abby to school and picking her up – it’s either smack at the time Josie would eat OR I’m waking the poor child up, and this does not make her a happy camper!
2. When you’re just getting the littlest back down from eating and it’s already time for the bigger one to wake up. Sad. I would’ve totally gone back to sleep.
3. Tending to Josie or needing to get her back to her “happy place” and Abby is asking me “Mommy, will you please play with me?” Makes me a little sad sometimes although I definitely know this time will pass…but when you’re in the moment it feels different.
Things I’ve just forgotten about newborns:
1. How stinking heavy the car seat is, and hello—she’s still little!!! It’s only going to get heavier!!!! Ahhh!
2. How adorably cute it is when you get them out of their car seat and they stick their little booty out and scrunch their legs up. OH MY, I LOVE this!
3. When she’s really staring at something and she makes the “O” face. Do ya’ll know what I’m talking about? It’s precious.
4. Their sweet itty-bitty little feet!
Pictures!
My Louisiana Tech cuties!
Little Momma
This just makes me laugh…
The progression of the different faces—love it!
At the Dr. office for Josie’s first check-up. At this point, she was holding steady at 6 pounds 13 ounces. (The following week later, she made it back to her birth weight: 7 pounds 8 ounces! I have no clue where we are at this point!)
These itty-bitty feet…I just can’t get over them. They’re so sweet!
See, Abby wants to do everything with Josie. She sits up her chair in front of Josie’s swing and reads her books!
Then when she was tracing her letters, she had to do it RIGHT by Josie.
I know you can’t see Josie’s face great here, but it reminds me of Abby in the one below this…
And just for actual comparison sake:
Josie Abby
Whatcha’ think?




8 comments:
YAY for pictures!! They look like sisters for sure! I just love how Miss Abby loves her sister. I'm really looking forward to Joanna's reaction this time with her being older. I think Natalie's going to throw a fit. :)
Oh wow, it's just great to see all the pictures. It makes me realize how big my baby boy really is. How did this much time go by so fast? I can't wait to meet her! :-)
Wow, Amy, your girls look SO much alike in the pictures at the bottom! Crazy! How fun to have 2 girls and for Abby to have a sister. :)
Love it! Such sweet photos! Looks like Abby is loving being a big sister. And yes, they look so much alike!!!
Ok. So, they look a lot a like to me here. And yes, I also LOVE little babies when you just pick them up and they scrunch up their legs and stick their little bottoms out. A-DORABle!! :)
Love the pictures! Keep them coming.
oooo she's delicious! I just want to hold her! Also, the side-by-side...I can hardly tell them apart! lucky lady with two beautiful girls! :)
Congratulations!!!! Miss Josie is beautiful and Abby looks like she is a great big sister. What a blessed family you have! Enjoy every minute.
I love, love, love all the pictures. Josie is so precious. I cannot wait to meet this sweet baby. Give her and Abby a kiss from me! Love you guys!
Post a Comment