Blog completely out of order. It's gonna bother me, but I just have to post the pics I got from Halloween tonight.
This Halloween was amazing! Last year we trick-or-treated to about 5 houses. She was walking, but she still preferred to be carried. She definitely was far too shy to go up to the people's houses, and we ended up carrying her. This year, however, we went to about 25 houses. She LOVED it, she actually said trick-or-treat at each and every house, and she said thank you once they put the candy in her bag.
One funny story: We walked up to this house that had some creepy music playing. We rang the doorbell, and the guy opened the door with his face fully painted like a Dracula type thing...long scary hand gloves or something on, black cape...oh man, if I could've had this moment on film. Abby jumped back about 10 ft, then I kneeled down beside her saying, "It's ok, he's just dressed up!" So she barely leaned in (still half hiding behind me), sticking her bag out and whispering, "Trick-or-Treat." I was so proud of her! She followed through, and didn't burst into tears, run away, or make me pick her up!
2007...our sweet strawberry! I'm not gonna lie--I want to EAT.HER.UP!!! I can NOT believe these sweet pictures were a couple years ago. Sad.
2008...our queen bee :)
And this year, she was our sweet fairy!



These are normal father/daughter poses, right? :) (I married a big kid. Whatcha gonna do? My very own gladiator.)

Pointing at the teeny-tiny bug on the ground, of course.
Ok, seriously, this might be my favorite picture from the entire night! Look at her face! And what's better--a cop car happens to be driving by in the background right as I snap this picture. A sweet fairy + a sword = odd? :)
She really loved the sword!
Lately, she's been into running, but she has to back up to whatever she considers to be the "right spot" then she says, "1, 2, 3. Ready, Set, Go!" And so here it began....running pictures--and she's saying "I run fast!"


A little lovin' for the mama before we start trick-or-treating.





4 comments:
I know it killed you to post out of order, but I loved the pictures! She's too cute. The Bath & Body Works bag really added to the costume. ;-) How come Josh dressed up, but you didn't? Come on Mom!
Love the pics and story!!! Anton likes Josh's costume!!!
I love it... what a cute fairy and Gladiator. Now where's your costume?
She is adorable and her daddy is quite a character!!! Glad she enjoyed the evening this year!!
Love ya, Nana H
Post a Comment