Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My girl

I was looking back through my camera seeing too many pictures that I hadn't even downloaded onto my computer. There is no rhyme or reason to any of these. They're from about a month ago--sad. I used to keep up so much better. What's happening to me?!?

These pictures are of just my girl--doing her thing. Being silly. Most of them are taken in the same exact place (yes, Brad...we haven't changed locations--she knows to pose there! :)) A quick side story, my brother (Brad, the above mentioned) gives me a hard time because most every picture we ever take is in this same location in our house. Look, it has the best lighting, and it's just where we take pictures. It's the cross wall, no less. I mean, what a prime spot :)


The cheese smile.
For people that really know me...do you see her arms being "special" like mine??! :)
The cheese smile again...her eyes always close, I tell ya!
See...closed.
Love the next two...these expressions.

Whistling??!
Love, love, love this one!
I'm in love with her manners right now. I'm always hearing "Thank you, mommy," "Please mommy," "Sorry mommy." So very cute. She is obsessed with coming to hug your leg or laying her head down on your leg. Love it! She loves the letter Y right now, too.

Funny story--so I'm one of those that will talk to myself. On this particular day, I was in the kitchen (talking to myself), and I was having something come up that I was kinda nervous about. I was asking myself "Why are you getting so nervous about this? Just be yourself, this doesn't have to be a big deal. Why, Why, Why?" (Yes, I'm weird..I know this, but a little pep talk never hurt anybody!). But then Abby goes to her little alphabet refrigerator magnets, and says, "Mommy, here's Y" and hands me the letter Y! How completely adorable is that? :)

10 comments:

The Pences said...

That is hilarious! Here's the Y! Love it!

The Hoeflers said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend...Peyton keeps asking if "Babby" is coming to his "pawty". He can't wait!!

The Hoeflers said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend...Peyton keeps asking if "Babby" is coming to his "pawty". He can't wait!!

The Comerfords said...

Hahaha! That's too funny! Olivia likes the "Y" too! She also really likes "O" too. :) She is pointing at Abby right now saying "Olivia" over and over. I told her it was Abby, and now she thinks it is her cousin Addy. Let's get together!

Zach and Alyson said...

Love the "Y" story. Looks like Abby is going to have the double-jointedness as well. Must be a trait that runs in the fam. ;-)

Ashley said...

That is one cute and smart girl you have!

The Stallings' Clan said...

Once more you and I have the same taste in clothes for our little girls. Reagan has the exact same dress Abby is wearing in the top pictures.

Love the Y story!

The Vranas said...

Great story and too funny! It will be awesome to see Abby do that weird hand-flappy thing that you do. I can't wait to see you guys in person. It's been so long since I've seen that little sweety!

Unknown said...

I agree with Michelle, I'll be real excited when I get to see Abby do that "weird hand-flappy thing" like you. You know it makes me laugh like a horse!

The Perkins said...

I can't believe Abby has the "special" arms too!!! I just cracked up when I saw that. Man you used to make me laugh with those arms!! :)