Monday, August 10, 2009

True Story

Story #1
On Thursday was Abby's last day of MDO for the summer. Sad because she has completely warmed up to the place now. We used to pull in the parking lot and she would already be saying, "No, no, no!" and now, if we just pass by she exclaims, "My school, my school!" She loves it! Anyway, so we were driving home and I was sitting at a light. To my left, I see this truck kinda easing its way up beside me, and when I look over the guy is all smiling at me. I'm kinda thinking, this guy is seriously checking me out. This is awkward. Then he starts waving, and I'm like ohmygoodness, really? So I just turn around and look at Abby......and SHE'S the one smiling and waving and playing peek-a-boo with the guy! Of course, what was I thinking? My girl is the cute one in the car!!! :)

Story #2
Abby was in time out for (well I don't really remember) but if I had to guess, yelling No at me or something. I had crouched down to talk to her, and to explain why she was in time out and make sure she understood (because they always understand and never do it again, right? ha!), and I was saying I love you, but (does that sound familiar, Kim?) but Abby interrupted me mid sentence, and put her arms out wide and said, "Mommy, big hug?" Big hugs always cure the situation!

This past weekend we were in Bossier for my nephew's 3rd birthday party. Peyton's official birthday is today (Happy Birthday little man!), but besides just Peyton's birthday, it was also Josh's birthday on Saturday. That's right--Josh is the big 27 now. So old. We celebrated by going to Chuck E. Cheese, of course :)

This is the first time I've been with Abby, but Josh and his mom have taken her before. Of course, she loves the slide.

A little blurry, but so precious.



You have to punch the ducks. Abby hits that button about a million times and probably hits one down :)
Josh had his turn for fun, too. Perfect progression of his shot--


...he misssed most of them. Kidding, kidding. More than half he got actually.

They had this huge rocking horse. I rode it with Abby, but honestly she wasn't really that fond of it. I look like I'm having a blast, though :)
When I was little, I was NOT a fan of Chuck E. Cheese. The place? Sure. The man dressed up in character. Heck no! There was a birthday party going on this day, so of course, Chuck E. came out, and then walked around the whole place. We were steering clear of him on purpose, but then he kinda cornered me (not on purpose), but there was no place for me to go without having to walk past him. Abby practically jumped in my arms, and I think good 'ol Chuck E. took the hint, and left. Abby kept a close eye on on his whereabouts though. She was about to go down the slide, but she had to look around me to see where exactly he was.
Josh and I played air hockey, and I slaughtered him. Just in case you can't read that...the score is 6-0!
Then it was time for Abby to go home and take a nap, and I got to go visit my friend Michelle, who had baby Miller about a month ago. Right when we got there they had been doing tummy time with him, but he fell asleep. Isn't he sweet?
Then she let me hold him the rest of the time I was there. Here he is in my lap...
And ohmigoodness, look at this tiny, precious foot. I love, love, love baby feet!
Before Peyton's party. We rarely just take a couple pic, but one was due!
The family
The birthday boy and his daughters
And this was our ride home. She says, "I'm cool!" And she really does say that!
Sandy keeping watch.
The cross of the legs...love it!
We have to sing...this one is Jesus Loves Me. Can't you tell with her signs?
Can you guess this one with the signs? The Itsy Bitsy Spider, of course.
Nana B. got her this singing frog. Oh, she thought it was so hilarious. She gave me great smiles!


1 comments:

The Hoeflers said...

Too cute! Peyton had a blast with his "Babby"!! He asked for her all afternoon Sunday. So glad y'all made to the birthday bash...we need to find a weekend for JUST Peyton and Abby soon! Love y'all!