I'm not one of those that is so ahead of the game that I'm fully dressed and ready when Abby wakes up in the morning. It sounds like a lovely thought, but rarely ever does it happen. So when I'm fixing my hair, putting on make-up, brushing my teeth--y'know...the whole getting ready process besides actually taking a shower--Abby is in my room playing. Lately, this has become her new obsession.
This is my dresser:

Then my little munchkin comes along:
And this is my new and improved dresser:
I mean who wouldn't want all their handles flipped up? :)
And this is my new and improved dresser:
I mean who wouldn't want all their handles flipped up? :)For the first time yesterday we put her hair in pigtails! With her little curls, it just makes them so super cute to me! The awesome thing about her hair being all over the place is that even if my part is off, or certain pieces don't make it into the ponytail holder, it's ok because it curls up and covers it all.

In other news...I am one of those moms that will prolong something as long as my child isn't seeming interested in it. For instance, most of Abby's friends (that are her age or close to it) are already in toddler beds. But for me, Abby has NEVER once tried getting out, and I really really like that she just can't come get me in the middle of the night or whenever else she chooses. She has to wait on me! Honestly, if she wants to be in a crib until she's 5, that's works for me :) Ok, that's a bit long...4 1/2 is fine, too! So, the other thing I've held off on because she's hasn't tried fighting us on it is the beloved highchair. I will miss our sweet, loving, keeping my child confined highchair at meal times. She does still sit in it sometimes, but we've been seeing a lot more of this recently:Playing the other day...I wanted to include everyone so Sandy got to pose with me :)
It was Daddy duty over the weekend because I was participating in a small weekend mission called This Old House. Thursday night through Sunday morning I had a team of kids that we took to different houses assigned to us to do yard work and painting. We had a wonderful weekend, and this is the picture I found on the camera when I got back. Josh had her ready to go to church in her Cinderella dress, and she sure did give him her super cheesy smile. Gotta love that!




6 comments:
Love the pigtails -- sure brings back memories of yours Amy, however, yours were very straight!! She looks absolutely adorable in all the pictures.
Love ya, Mom
That Abby sure is cute! We have GOT to get the girls together more. I think she and Joanna would have lots to talk about. :)
No more highchair? That's so sad...she's growing so fast! Love the pigtails!
I'm with you on keeping them in cribs as long as possible!! I think we might finally be done with it after a week in a cabin where she had no crib - we almost made it to 3 - I bet Abby can too!!
It is unbelievable that she just manages to get cuter and cuter, and yet she does! I love the pig tails. She is getting so big!
I love her hair! Its precious! And I have to say, Kainaan went through the same phase with my dresser handles! And sometimes, he still does it! I guess they think its fun...???
Love ya'll, Lori
Post a Comment