Thursday, May 21, 2009

That Pop...

he's a funny guy. So, I'm forever behind on the blog. I hate that. The more behind I get, the less I want to do it. That's not entirely true. I like to blog, but I like things to be in order. I don't want to post pictures of what I took today, when I haven't posted pictures still remaining from Abby's birthday. Am I making any sense?

Back to Pop. While my mom and I were out getting the food for the day of Abby's birthday party, Pop was on Abby duty. Abby pretty much tells him exactly what she'd like him to do. She says "Pop, come on." Or she simply pats the ground beside her for him to sit, or she does the motion for "come on" and what do you know... Pop does exactly what he's told! This girl is demanding, but she realizes, when the grandparents are in town, everybody seems to listen to her :) (It's always a rude awakening for her, I imagine, when she's just stuck with good 'ol mommy and daddy!)

Again, back to Pop..I keep drifting. We walk in from the grocery store, and I can see Abby sitting on the step, and I hear Pop saying "Ok, ready, 1..2..3 smile." He had the timer on the camera going. I laughed, and I said oh that's a good idea, and he said she keeps saying and doing the sign for "more" so we've done this 5 times now. These are the results. Precious!

Well, first what he took of her by herself--
See, the patting of the ground I speak of...she's saying "Pop, c'mon!"

Pop & Abby... x5
LOVE her little hand on his shoulder...I know you can't barely see it, but it's there.
A little change...she moved to the bottom step :)

These next pictures...when I think of my sweet little Abby girl, this is the face that would come to my mind. Big smile, crinkled nose--I love that about her.





See the bug on her shoulder in this next one? She did have a small freak out moment over it :)
We officially LOVE this bike trailer! It's so cute to see her in it!

6 comments:

The Pences said...

I have faith in you -- you can get caught up and put everything in order! Miss Abby is getting so grown-up looking. She looks like such a little lady on the steps -- too precious!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it should seriously not be allowed to have a kid this cute!

The Vranas said...

That is just too cute! I love the pics. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! :-)

Lori said...

HAHA! I am not the only OCD person when it comes to blogging in order! That makes me feel so good! Anyways, the pics of Abby and Pop are preiceless! So precious, as always!
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Love ya'll-
Lori, Tim, & Kainaan

The Hoeflers said...

Pop cracks me up. That was DEFINITELY a Pop story. ha!! Abby is the sweetest little thing ever. Peyton has been asking for her a lot! Love y'all!!

*Courtney* said...

Abby's hair is getting so long..it's so pretty! These little ones are growing up WAY too fast.

I saw that you got a bike trailer, I was wondering where you got it and how much it was. I have been looking into getting one for the summer.