Monday, May 11, 2009

Doggone GREAT 2nd Birthday!

**This post is long......REAL long!**

My sweet, little, wonderful baby girl is growing up too fast! Yesterday was officially Abby's 2nd birthday! I can't believe I actually have a 2 year old...seriously. It kills me to think how fast time has gone by. I can remember perfectly the first few days, weeks, and months when she was first home.

Seeing her and holding her for the first time...I could never forget those moments!


Abby's party was on Saturday, and this year we had a weenie dog theme. If you can only imagine, I really LOVED decorating for this theme :) It was easy..I owned most of the decorations already!

The morning of her party, we put Sandy in Abby's bed with her. Abby thought that was amazing!
I think Sandy just wanted out, though :)
Her invitation...I took out our address for obvious reasons :)
Decorations around the house.
Pictures of Abby and Sandy playing together or just by each other on the pantry door.
In the middle it said...
I got good use out of old calendars!
The study door...12 month pictures - 24 month pictures. Oh the changes that occur.


I found this super cute "I am 2" banner on Etsy. You can visit her here: http://www.whimzycreations.etsy.com/. She does fabulous, super cute work!




I have dachshund mugs, and I have a lot of them. So I put them out with flowers in them. (above and below)






The front door poster I made.
Bone shaped PBJ sandwiches.
The cake! I think it turned out great.
I mean look at that little weenie dog! It looks just like the invite. I love it :)

The birthday girl in her super cute weenie dog shirt I found on the internet. The fabric of the weenie dog happens to match the plates and napkins and decorative wrapping paper on the study door. When the lady sent me her fabric samples to choose from, it was an easy decision!

I know you can't see it perfectly but the dog is on the front, and...
the rest of the body and tail carries over to the back!

Her friends start arriving, and the party begins...








Here is the progression of when we sang her Happy Birthday. She's such a shy thing when everyone is staring at her! But by the end, she was all smiles about it :)

OK, all these people are looking at me...
I just don't think I can take it...
This is kinda fun...
Actually, it's really fun!
Oh wow, I get to blow those out?
Winding down towards the end. Drinking her milk and standing like this....hand on the back of the hip, foot out. Oh such a girlie girl!
The goody bags. Each included a bone shaped cookie and a paw print chocolate and other random toys....and it had this super cute note on the outside (pinned with a bone shaped paper clip!). That little dachshund looks just like Sandy when she was a puppy! Whew. That is a lot of pictures, and that isn't even half of them! I downloaded all the pictures onto my computer that my mom took, and it's over 400. I'll have more random stuff I'll save for later :) Thank you to all who could come! We LOVED celebrating with you, and we feel so blessed to have you as our friends!!!

10 comments:

The Stallings' Clan said...

The weenie dog party turned out so CUTE! We have so much dachshund stuff I could have done the same theme for Reagan's party! Where did you find Abby's shirt? Whenever I find weenie dog clothes I can't stop myself from buying it for the kids.
Robin

Ashley said...

You are good; I mean, really, really good. That was one cute party. I am sorry we missed it! Abby looked so cute, and that picture with hand on hip is killer! She is growing up too fast!

Zach and Alyson said...

Everything looks like it was wonderful! Again, I wish that I could have seen it in person. Happy Birthday Abby girl! We love you!

Shaun said...

Awesome party Amy & Josh - the decorations were amazing! The swirly straws from the goody bags are a huge hit in our house! Thank you for having us to help celebrate sweet Abby's big day.

Anonymous said...

those are the cutest pictures I've ever seen! I wish I was that crafty! You defintely have a talent there girl!

The Vranas said...

I am blown away. The decorations were just amazing. I wish we could have been there for it. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lori said...

WOW! Time flies! She is just so adorable! I love her party theme! You are sooooo wonderfully talented! Give Abby hugs from us!
-Lori

Paul and Candice said...

I always LOVE your birthday posts. You have such great ideas and are so crafty! Happy Birthday, Abby!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

We had a great time and the theme was fantastic! I told Josh that at the party, but I don't think I ever told you. Thanks again for having us!

Kristi :)

The Bowens said...

That is the cutest party them ever!! And, that cake is AMAZING!!! you are too good!