Friday, March 13, 2009

The New Mrs. Beasley

Back when I got engaged, my grandparents and Aunt Bev thought it was hilarious that I was going to be a "Mrs. Beasley." I had never seen the show Family Affair (and still never have), but I am fully aware that there is a Mrs. Beasley in the show. My Aunt Bev even owned the doll, and it has now been passed on to me. When I got married, my grandpa built a little chair, and grandma painted it white--for this specific Mrs. Beasley doll to have a place to sit. Here is what she looks like...she lives in our guest room--(Mrs. Beasley also has black glasses, but Abby has taken a liking to them, so the glasses go places with us, which is why they aren't on Mrs. Beasley's face right now.)

We're having some friends come and visit us, so I was in the guest room taking the sheets off the bed, and I turned around to see this!

"Um...is it OK for me to sit here?"
"What's that you say...it IS ok?!? HOORAY!"







"How you doin'?"
She cracks me up, but I am easily amused :)

5 comments:

The Pences said...

That "what you doin?" face is hilarious! I'm easily amused too, it seems.

Shaun said...

Is she sitting on poor Mrs. Beasley?? Great pics, she is so fun!

The Perkins said...

She's so stinkin' cute!!! I can't wait to see ya'll again. When will you be back in town? We need to definitely come for a visit sometime soon :)

Zach and Alyson said...

How funny! I bought a bday present for Abby last night. Can't believe that she'll be 2 in 2 months!

The Bowens said...

Too funny, but I have to say that the Mrs. Beasley doll is a little bit frightening!