Monday, September 17, 2007

Jump Around, jump around....

Jump up, jump up, and get down! Jump, Jump!! Sorry if you don't know that song...as soon as I typed "jump around", the rest of it just came to me ;-)

Abby has a new toy. She really likes to "stand" these days, and this toy gives her freedom to jump and bounce. Now, she can't quite do it on her own yet, but when I bounce her she gives me a huge smile...so I know she really does like it. It's the jumper that hangs from the door frame. Thanks, Karen, for letting us borrow it!

One picture turned out blurry because she's moving too much, but I still wanted to post it.
I put her name on her back because I have a tendency to forget it. OK, ok--not really! I go to a bible study on Wednesday mornings, and they get so many kids in that they put her name there to remind them. I thought it was cute :-)
Here are some pictures of us playing in the morning. She has on her cute lamb jammies :-)

In other news, Abby had her 4 month check-up on Thursday. It was funny because the Dr. came in and said, "Tell me all the exciting and amazing things she's doing...is she rolling? is she talking? is she listening to you? is she sleeping well at night?" And luckily we were able to say yes to everything! At her 2 month appt., if you remember, I mentioned the Dr. had said she had a bit of a flat head, but now that we're such the tummy sleeper, her head is looking just as it should be. I was glad to hear that. She weighs 14lbs 14oz (68%) and she's 25 1/4 inches long(75%). He said she's looking perfect, and that we should just keep doing what we're doing!

These pictures are at the Dr. office, however, she had NOT had her shots yet! That's why she's still smiling :-) The first morning after these shots had my child knocked out. She went to bed at 8:15pm, and I had to WAKE her up at 9am to feed her. She was on fire when I woke her up, and she ran a few temps. throughout the day--one peaking at 103! Poor baby! She definitely slept better last night, so I was very thankful for that!

One of my favorite things....a VIDEO! The last clip in the video is very dark. On my camera screen it was completley black so I really didn't think it was recording. She just sounds so sweet, so I included it anyway--it's more for hearing purposes and not viewing purposes!

6 comments:

The Pences said...

I love the Dr. Seuss onsie that Abby is wearing in part of the video. Joanna and I think reading Hop on Pop is very funny. Matt does not think so. Her little noises are so sweet -- maybe she can teach Joanna how to make sweet noises when she's going to sleep.

The Vranas said...

Oh my goodness! I love that video. My favorite part was the look on her face when she was trying to roll and ended up back on her back. She just looked up like, "What the heck just happened here"? It's just so cute.

The Hoeflers said...

So sweet! Glad she's feeling better. Peyton loves to watch Abby videos..he's made me play this one like 10 times...for some reason he likes to dance to her talking..strange!!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Aidan really liked his jumper too - even when he was unsure of what to do in it. When he figured it out . . . watch out! :-)

You take the best pictures! Abby is so precious!! I also love the video clips you take, but have to admit that I love hearing you talk to Abby in them almost as much as I like to watch her. SO cute! The combo of you and her make it priceless!

Kelsey Falzon said...

Here is my comment! She is a cutie, and I'm glad to hear she is doing so well. Jack is doing great too...but he hasn't napped at all the last two days. Talk about a marathon of fussiness when he won't nap!

Zach and Alyson said...

She's just getting so big.... I'm so glad that I get to see Abby's progression weekly. I wish that I could see her in person and you too for that matter. Glad to see that everything's going well. Love ya.