Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy 4 months!

Wow! Little Miss Abby is FOUR months old today! I can't believe it. As of now, the things we LOVE doing...

1. Our hands are very beautiful to stare at!

2. Being on our tummy is far better than most things (besides food, of course!) On my tummy is the ONLY way I sleep. Mommy can't stop me, and I've been doing it since August 2nd exactly! The Dr. said he would prefer me on my back to sleep since I'm still little (although he doesn't want my parents to have to keep rolling me back over 1300 times, which is exactly what they would have to do!!), but the second my mommy rolled me back to my back, I immediately rolled back to my tummy. If you put things on my sides to prevent me from rolling, I cry until you move them, and I can roll to my tummy.

3. We've "talked" in the past, but NOTHING like what we're experiencing now. It's like a switch just came on Friday night, and now we talk and talk. It's SO sweet!

4. We like to stand on Mommy's legs and play this game where mommy brings me to her face and kisses my cheeks and then pulls me back then brings me forward then pulls me back.

5. We've experienced the Exersaucer, and we REALLY like it. It feels like I'm standing!!

6. We love to swing outside on the backporch.

7. If mommy doesn't put something in my hands to hold, then I'm usually just holding my own hands. I rarely just put my arms to my sides. I'm a very busy little girl :-)

8. I move my tongue around in my mouth a lot. Mommy catches a lot of pictures with my tongue out!

9. I've discovered my left ear and hair on that side! She only does it with her left hand, but she plays around with her ear and moves her fingers on her hair and pulls the bottom part of her hair.

We just went into Bossier City, LA this past weekend for Nana H.'s birthday. (We won't reveal her age!) Abby had a lot of fun playing with her cousin, Peyton. He is so funny! The way he dances is too cute. I've compiled a bit of video of random things...Peyton dancing, Abby's tongue action, and Abby talking (it's not a great shot of her face because of the angle, but you had to hear her talking on the way back to Houston). Of course, I have to post pictures, too!

Pictures first...

So we got this new stroller that is SUPER cute, however, I didn't pay close enough attention to the buckles. It's really hard to fasten, but I was loving the pattern of the stroller so much that I didn't even practice with the buckles before we got it. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it yet, but I had to get a picture of Abby in it.
This morning being such a cutie on her 4 month birthday :-)Playing in her Exersaucer.. The second and third picture in the Exersaucer is the back of her head because originally she was facing me as I was cleaning up her room, but she turned herself completely around in it...

In her new highchair. She looks so small in it right now...We don't exactly need this highchair yet, but it's just a matter of months, and we'll actually be eating out of it!...


And finally, here is the video--

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so Peyton was sitting with me while I watched this video and he immediately started dancing when he heard the music! Now he's crying because he wants to play with that particular exersaucer!! Abby is such a cutie and we had a great time visiting with y'all this weekend!!

John said...

Personally, I've got a difficult time believing that this kid actually typed all of this.

Zach and Alyson said...

I love Abby's smile... and I believe that Abby can type. She's a child genius right.

The Pences said...

Joanna was fascinated with the video! And she says thank you for the diapers, Abby!

The Vranas said...

OK, I know last night we were talking about how gifted Abby is, but this video clearly illustrates it! I swear, she's going to be talking in a matter of weeks. This is all going by much too quickly.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

How can anyone watch that video and not get sore cheeks from smiling so much??? :) Too cute! Thanks for having Hunter and I over for dinner tonight. We really enjoyed the time!!

Kristi :)

*Courtney* said...

I totally understand what you mean about the hand thing...Savannah has to be holding something or she's holding and examining her own hands. And the talking is outrageous...they are truly carrying on their own conversations and it's really cute!

I have that stroller with the polka dots, but haven't used it yet. Stinks that the straps are hard because it is SO cute!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

GREAT pictures and GREAT video! Cracked me up! By the way, we have the solid light green version of that stroller and LOVE it! We don't have any problems with the straps - I wonder if you just got a lemon. See you guys tomorrow!