Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday, the actual birth DAY!

So, the day right before Abby’s birthday (Monday afternoon), Abby comes home from school looking pretty pale.  Josh was home this day because I was recovering from the stomach bug, and was completely wiped out.  Once I saw her, I thought “uh oh.”  Just to be safe, and with all my wisdom, we got towels out and laid them down all in front of the couch and on the couch—because that’s where she was laying, and if she were to get sick, everything would be protected.  But of course, as my luck would have it, she got up and came over to me in the recliner, not protected by towels….and well, there you have it.  Oh my sweet little lovie was feeling so puny.  Luckily, she regained enough energy to enjoy her birthday events that we had planned for the next day.

On her birthday morning, Josh and I snuck into her room around 6am and tied balloons to her bed.  I don’t even think she noticed them when she woke up, but once we showed her she was sooo excited!  She didn’t eat much food this day, so we postponed her birthday dinner (which just entailed her picking wherever she wanted to go to eat!) until later in the week.

Birthday morning—she looks rough!  haha  Her first food since lunch the day before…toast.  Mmmm :)  This is in our guest room…I slept there with the door open in case she needed me during the night.  But thankfully, it was a quiet night!

IMG_7548

IMG_7557

IMG_7560 

IMG_7559She got several little gifts from us, but I would say her 2 favs are the umbrella and a little grill.   And who wouldn’t want to grill with their umbrella? :)IMG_7577 Daddy made her a pancake in the shape of a 4!IMG_7576

She got a new puzzle to put together!

IMG_7582

IMG_7586

She got to play around a little in the morning, but she had a surprise to get to at 10am.  Josh had scheduled her a 1 hour session to go ride a horse!  After the rodeo, she loved riding on those horses that just walked around in a circle.  So, Josh found this place….and seriously, once I saw the pictures, I was SO proud of her for doing this!  She was on this horse, no straps around her to hold her on, feet in the stir-ups…holding the reigns herself (if the horse stopped too long to eat, she had to pull on the reigns and tell it to go), the horse was not connected to anyone else…it just followed the horse in front of it.  I mean, WHAT??!  For those that know my Abby…wow!  This is freakin’ awesome!

Before they left…

 IMG_7591 IMG_7592 IMG_7593 IMG_7594

IMG_7599

IMG_7601

IMG_7604

She was soooo excited when she got home to tell me her horse’s name was Simba!

Riding the path…

IMG_7608

IMG_7617

IMG_7619

IMG_7620

IMG_7628

She wanted a picture next to Daddy’s horse, too.  Daddy’s horse’s name was Choctaw.

IMG_7630

The guide told Josh that she needed to get a true picture with her helmet off, and the helmet underneath her arm.  How cute is that?

IMG_7631

IMG_7633

She told me that this one didn’t move…haha.

IMG_7634

IMG_7640

After riding Simba, she came home for a little lunch, and our next appointment was at 1pm for her very first haircut!

Before shots…with a little bit of ponytail head going on

IMG_7659

Gotta have a pic with the birthday girl!

IMG_7661

Hair washing…

IMG_7675

The lady that cut her hair used to work at this place called “Glitz and Glam.”  So she cut Abby’s hair, styled it cute, put glitter in it, and painted her nails!! :)

IMG_7697

Ohmy!

IMG_7711

IMG_7719

IMG_7727

IMG_7734

IMG_7738

Before she got sick, I wasn’t necessarily going to make her take a nap on her birthday.  She is still a napper, and she will typically sleep for about and hour and half.  On this day, she slept TWO and HALF hours.  Whoa!  We actually went in her room at 5pm to wake her up, but she had just started to wake up.  I’m glad she got that rest after not feeling so good the day before. 

We had gotten her a cookie cake, but she had the tiniest little amount since her tummy was still getting back to normal.  (We’re still snacking on this yummy goodness!)

IMG_7758

I’ve mentioned how much she looooves this umbrella, right?

IMG_7763

We’re huge Culver’s fans, too.  If Abby named her 2 fav places to eat, I’m almost certain it would be Culver’s and Chick-fil-a.  So we found it only fitting for this…

IMG_7767

IMG_7769

IMG_7782

Although she got her nails painted at the hair place, she didn’t really wait for them to dry well, and smudged almost all of them and said she wanted it off.  I told her I would let her go pick a color at the store, and I’d paint her nails before bed.

The color chosen:  Purple!  Eek!

IMG_7791

Lastly, right after bath, she put on one of her other gifts—the Tiana dress from The Princess and the Frog. 

IMG_7795

Whew, what a fun day!!!  Love that little munchkin noodle head soooo much!!! :)  How can she already be 4? 

3 comments:

The Pences said...

My girls have that little pink and white dress that Josie's wearing. :)
Her hair is so gorgeous!! (Before and after!) I'm nearly positive that's the same lady who cut Joanna's hair for the first time -- awww!! The horse ride looks so cool! What great birthday celebrations!

Ashley said...

What a great birthday! I can't believe Abby is 4 either. It seems like only yesterday you were coming down to my classroom to tell me the pregnancy test was positive. Time flies!

Zach and Alyson said...

I'm so glad that Abby had a great birthday despite being sick. I can't believe that it's already been 4 years. Looking forward to seeing pictures of her bday party! So good to talk to you the other night!

-Aly